Attentive. Accessible. Agile.
Kolisch Hartwell, P.C. is a full-service intellectual property (IP) law firm serving clients from offices in Portland, Oregon and Palo Alto, California. For 65 years we have maintained a high-performing, highly experienced team of attorneys, patent agents and technical consultants, building a respected reputation for a full range of services in patent, copyright, trade secret, and trademark law.
We protect, license, and litigate IP rights for a broad range of clients from individual inventors and startups to high-visibility Fortune 500 brands and internationally-based companies. We maintain the technical depth and legal experience to handle any matter within the realm of intellectual property law, while remaining small enough to avoid the high overhead costs of a big firm.
An IP law firm with something more
With advanced degrees and backgrounds in technology and science, our attorney team possesses deep and complementary technical skills and expertise in the diverse industries we represent – and a forward-thinking awareness of industry trends that helps ensure our clients’ success.
Our depth of knowledge means that our attorney group can handle any IP matter. At the same time, because we are more agile than large law firms, we have the ability to quickly and efficiently prioritize and address client needs as they arise – and the flexibility to keep costs competitive.
Attentive, accessible, and agile, we’re more than just an IP law firm. We believe in building partnerships with our clients that spark innovation and potential while protecting their interests. Communication without surprises is our goal, and we strive to create and maintain long-term relationships as trusted legal advisors with clients at all stages of growth.
An Experienced IP Team
Kolisch Hartwell brings a deep knowledge and long history of success in intellectual property law to each client experience. For example:
- We have represented clients in state and federal courts around the country, including dozens of times before the Circuit Courts of Appeal and U.S. Supreme Court.
- We have obtained many thousands of patents and trademark registrations for our clients in the U.S. and around the world.
- We have extensive experience acting as de facto IP general counsel for small and mid-sized companies.
- We have worked with foreign attorneys to enforce our clients’ IP rights in many other countries.
- We have decades of experience working with Fortune 500 companies, and have systems in place to receive and efficiently perform work managed by in-house counsel at large corporations.
Kolisch Hartwell, P.C. has more than sixty years’ experience dedicated to obtaining and protecting intellectual property rights for our clients.
At Kolisch Hartwell, we believe that invention, discovery, and creativity serve the greater good and deserve public protection and private reward.