Protecting intellectual property relating to modern manufacturing methods often requires expertise that spans several technology areas, such as optics, chemistry, and mechanical engineering, among others. At Kolisch Hartwell, we have assembled a team with deep technical backgrounds in all of these areas, including multiple doctorate degrees in physics, biophysics and chemistry. This has allowed us to acquire extensive experience identifying, developing and protecting intellectual property for our clients that rely on high-tech manufacturing.
Our experience in this area includes, for example:
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- Photovoltaic cells and modules
- High temperature effusion techniques
- Chemical bath deposition
- Electrodeposition and metallization methods
- Reel-to-reel deposition systems
- Material deposition feedback systems
- Injection molding systems and methods
- 3-D printing and additive manufacturing
- Thin film deposition
- Material extrusion methods
- High-tolerance machining methods
- Etching and masking techniques
- Laser welding and cutting
- Adhesive bonding
As a result of our relatively small size, we are able to quickly identify and assemble the best team of attorneys, agents and consultants to understand and communicate with you about your manufacturing technology.
In addition to conventional patent and trademark prosecution services, we also provide complex legal analysis and opinions, assistance negotiating and drafting licenses and other IP-related agreements, and help resolving intellectual property disputes both in and out of federal court. Due to our boutique nature and location, we are able to keep our overhead costs much lower than at general practice firms and larger IP firms based in more expensive locations, and we pass these savings on to our clients.