For decades, Kolisch Hartwell has provided a broad range of intellectual property services to the medical and dental industries, including patent and trademark prosecution, licensing, and litigation. Several Kolisch Hartwell attorneys and agents have extensive education and experience in the medical, surgical, and pharmacological fields. Our firm has successfully prosecuted hundreds of U.S. and foreign patents on medical and dental technology. We have also represented our clients successfully in numerous patent, trademark, and trade-secret disputes in this area, including fully contested litigation.
As shown in our portfolio, Kolisch Hartwell has firsthand prosecution and litigation experience with a broad range of medical devices:
- Medical fixation devices such as bone screws, bone plates, bone connectors and targeting guides
- Surgical instruments including endoscopes, injectors, syringes and reamers
- Operating-room equipment such as vital signs monitors and surgical tables
- Treatment devices including pacemakers, cardiac stents, urological stents, catheters, orthopedic implants, prosthetic devices, drug and allergen dispensers, patient support systems and oral appliances for treating sleep apnea
- In vitro diagnostic products including laboratory equipment, reagents and test kits
- Ultrasound machines, x-ray machines, MRI devices, medical lasers, radiotherapy equipment and other medical imaging equipment
- Dental polishers, instruments and implants
Our clients use these devices in a variety of medical specialties, in both human and veterinary medicine:
- Internal medicine
- Plastic surgery
- Nuclear medicine
Kolisch Hartwell’s broad technical expertise also enables us to assist clients pursuing patent protection or resolving disputes centering on technologies that overlap with or complement medical devices, including biotechnology, mechanical, optical, software, and electrical inventions.
Our size and location allow us to provide world class services at rates much lower than those typically offered by larger firms based in more expensive cities. Learn more about our services or contact us to find out how we can help with your company’s IP needs.