Portland, Oregon offers quick access to the Pacific coast, the Cascade Mountains, the Columbia River Gorge, and the high desert. Portland naturally attracts people who like sports and recreation, including our attorneys. At Kolisch Hartwell, our outside interests really are outside interests. Many of our attorneys and staff bike to work—something we’re known for locally. And our employees regularly team up away from the office to run, bike, hike, climb, golf, raft, kayak, paddle board and ski. If your business centers on sports and recreation, chances are someone here shares your enthusiasm.
As shown in our portfolio, our clients have relied on us to obtain or defend their patents, trademarks, and copyrights in areas including:
- Backpacks, including personal hydration systems
- Bicycle frames, parts, carriers, and accessories
- Child carriers, children’s recreational equipment, baby jogging strollers
- Dog training devices
- Equestrian tack and related manufacturing equipment
- Fishing equipment and lures
- Race-timing equipment
- Skis, ski equipment, snow boards, snow shoes, and sleds
- Sport clothing, footwear, running shoes, and sports eyewear
- Sports balls and outdoor games
- Surf boards and boogie boards
- Swim accessories including swim fins and lap counters
- Vehicle racks and cargo boxes for recreational equipment
- Windsurfing and kiteboarding equipment
Our enthusiasm is only part of the bargain. Kolisch Hartwell offers a first-class intellectual property team to help you build, manage, and protect the IP portfolio your business needs to get ahead and stay there. Recreational products span a range of underlying technologies such as the mechanical, biomechanical, and electronic arts. We do too. Our attorneys who practice in this area start with a degree in a scientific, engineering, or biomedical discipline, and also often have extensive practical experience like that of your designers and developers. We can therefore easily discuss your technology with those inventing and manufacturing it. Our engineering knowledge, practical experience, and more than 60 years of legal acumen gives Kolisch Hartwell a sharp edge in IP services for sports and recreation clients ranging from entrepreneurial ventures to large established companies.
Our size and location allow us to provide world class services at rates much lower than those typically offered by larger firms based in more expensive cities. Learn more about our services or contact us to find out how we can help with your company’s IP needs.